Monday, September 5, 2011

Personal Responsibility

Anyone who lives in America knows of the collapse of our banking industry. It seems every time we tune into the news someone is getting bailed out, some house is getting foreclosed, or the government is trying to do something to our debt ceiling. I believe on a depth of this knowledge, most of America understands what is happening, "it's bad", their answer would be. If you asked the average American who caused this problem, the most common answer would probably be the big bankers and the government. After all some huge banking industries are now getting sued for misrepresenting the quality of the mortgages sold during the housing bubble. So, as everyone can see the bulk of the responsibility lies upon the big bankers and the government. As such, many Americans are angry, that these two groups could mess up our entire financial system. Now, it needs to be fixed and again so many Americans feel the baking industries and government has yet again failed us.
      Yet, I feel we all have a personal responsibility to help fix the mess we're in. Many people may ask, what can I do to fix anything? They believe they can't do anything, the common conception is there is nothing we can do, so it's a waste of time to try. Well, I protest that view. The first and clearest step to me is to understand the mess we got in and how we got there. From there, the next step is education. We educate the public so we understand how we got where we are, and what we need to not do. Once the individual is educated, the steps the country needs to take will become so much clearer. Yet, there are still people who will argue this point? "Even if I educate myself, there's no way anyone else will, I'll still waste my time". That's what someone might say. Well, maybe I'll be an example for you. I try my best to educate myself on what is going on, so maybe I can have a valid view point when it comes to finding a solution. If you go and educate yourself, well I've impacted one person. Then, maybe you'' educate someone else, and we can keep the chain going. Hopefully, most of America will become alert to a personal responsibility they have, and we can all take action to make our own small difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment