Monday, September 5, 2011

News Swaying Opinions/ 9/11

How much of America will never forgot 9/11? I know personally it's a day and an event I'll never forget, I don't think it's possible to. Every so often you can turn on the discovery channel and there's a program on called "Remember 9/11", or you can occasionally will hear two people talking about walking down a hallway. 9/11 is fast approaching this year, and the television will be dominated by "remember 9/11 shows", and I'm not saying that this is wrong in any way. The people killed in 9/11 did not deserve it, and it was awful. Yet, while we admire and worship those who died, do we forget to worship the innocent on the other side?
              I do not blame any individuals, but I believe the lack of awareness sympathy is to be put on the shoulders of our news stations and governments. During the course of the Iraq War, there have been a reported 66,081 civilian casualties. That translates into one 9/11 every four months, for seven years. Some may argue it's not the news responsibility to glorify these Iraqi's deaths, after all we live in America. They deserve to be reported on as much as an American civilian dying, because the end result is just as sad. An innocent soul, whether it be a child or adult, was living his/her life, and suddenly killed. So, as 9/11 approaches, I urge you all to not only remember the poor souls who lost their lives at the twin towers, but also remember the all too forgotten Iraqi casualties, even if the news doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment